Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Have a Safe Spring Break



Safe Spring Break 2013: Sun, Slopes or Service, Make the Break Safe!

Make the Pledge to Make the Break Safe!
The BACCHUS Network encourages you to have a Safe Spring Break this year. Whatever your plans are, make sure they include these tips:
• Remember, impairment begins with the first drink. Choose not to drink if you are driving, or be safe with a designated driver.
• Wear your seatbelt. Always. It’s your best protection in a crash.
• Distracted driving is dangerous. Park the car to check mobile devices.
• Respect other peoples’ right, and your own, to choose not to drink.
• Respect state laws and campus policies.
• Stay out of dangerous situations involving alcohol, whether in a car, bar or bedroom.
• If a friend drinks to the point of passing out, alcohol poisoning is a real danger. If you’re concerned, seek medical attention. Better safe than sorry!
Take the pledge!  By reading the following and sharing your pledge on Twitter or Facebook, you agree to Make the Break Safe!
• I promise not to drink and drive during Spring Break, or let any of my friends get behind the wheel impaired.
• I will not ride in a car when the driver has been drinking.
• I will wear my seatbelt, whether I’m the driver or passenger.
• I will focus on my driving when behind the wheel and not be distracted by mobile devices, music or passengers.
• I will watch out for my friends, take care of myself, and do what I can to plan for a Safe Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment